Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hardest Weekend Ever = Done

I have survived. I had been stressing about the very weekend that is about to come to a close for weeks. I have a terrible habit of stressing out about things that I can do nothing about for days and weeks before they happen. Yes, I stress out in advance for upcoming events that I know will be stressful as they are happening. It is not an enjoyable habit, and I do not recommend taking it up.

But it is (almost) complete, and I am (almost) ready for my future husband to arrive. And, because I am awesome, I managed to


  • Make it out for a friend's birthday happy hour
  • Run a race in honor of Pat Tilman
  • Make it to the BFF's daughter's first birthday
  • Organize and host a big sale in order to rid my house of things that will not be heading to my temporary home for the next three months/Sort out what will make the cut and is worth paying to ship to England


It doesn't seem all that impressive to read, but I assure it was hard work. And it's not over yet. Shortly I will pack up all the wedding booze, decor, servingware, etc. and take it to my mother's where I will also get to -- wait for it -- I will get to try on my wedding dress for the first time.

While that is very exciting the craziness isn't quite over yet. As I have to prepare to have Laurence here (in a house now sans 90 percent of its furniture). He is more than happy to help me move next weekend, but that still involves getting things organized so he easily can help me move. In other words, I have to help him help me.

So, though I am not all that stressed or nervous about the wedding, I am stressed about the moving. As I told Laurence, saying "I do" is the easy part! Well, we'll get there, we'll survive. We always do. If I had more time and energy, I would probably be sentimental or reflective about leaving the home I've had for the past three years. Maybe tomorrow. For now I'm happy to have that portion of this weekend over with!

nearly empty house!



a little extra wedding loot!

1 comment:

  1. You missed out "High Fiving AZ Football Team". I'll be there soon and I will help you, help me, help you. x

    ReplyDelete